Thursday, February 28, 2008

Vegangelical

Here's an interesting article about couples of mixed dietary persuasions: namely, couples in which one person is vegetarian/vegan (such as myself) and the other is not (such as B). Some couples in the article have found a balance and are able to live happily in this situation. Some are not so fortunate. I believe that B and I are of the former ilk; at least, it seems that way so far! (fingers crossed!). We each have a mutual respect for the other's eating habits. I don't get all militant vegan on him (I hope!) and if I do it's in jest, and he respects my choice to not eat certain things (although he teases me about it, but it's in good fun, and kind of endearing when he does it!). Going out to eat can present a challenge at times, and sometimes I worry that my restrictions end up dictating where we go, and that it can get annoying. Pesky vegans!

Enjoy!
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/13/dining/13incompatible.html?_r=2&scp=2&sq=Meat&st=nyt&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

No comments: