Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Coulrophobia - it's nothing to clown about

I could have told them this!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080116/od_nm/clowns_odd_dc

I was petrified of clowns as a child. The moment one would look at me, I'd burst into a fit of tears and hide behind my mom. Forget about it if they actually came over to me and touched me or spoke to me! No thank you Mr. Scary Clown Man! Get your giant bowtie out of my face please. My fear was firmly established before I saw Poltergeist, but that classic scene just sealed the deal for me. Clowns were not to be trusted. Not even clown dolls!

When I first started drawing as a child, I realized I had a knack for looking at a drawn image and copying it (freehand, not with tracing paper). Oddly enough, I recall that some of the first pictures I drew were of clowns...

2 comments:

michelle said...

Do you remember when we were about 11 and we went to that that street fair in Sunnyside with my mom? And the clown came up to me a bopped me on the head with a sweaky hammer???? As you can tell, it was a traumatic moment in my life....

p33p3rs said...

I vaguely remember that! See, clowns are EVIL!