Sunday, January 6, 2008

Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before...

Today I woke up bright and early and set out to do exactly what I had planned: re-organize my room and clean. I'm glad that got done. It was hanging over my head and I needed to do it to feel more settled in my "new" place.

That took a good portion of the day, and then at night I met B at Gobo where we supped and talked and laughed. It was great to see him, as it always is!

Before I left to meet B, I helped my brother take down the Christmas tree that his psycho ex-girlfriend decorated before we kicked her out (LONG story!). Well, as I was winding the ribbon onto the spools, I noticed that the glitter on the ribbon was coming off and most of it was landing all over my hands, arms, shirt, and legs! AHHH! I hate glitter! Please join me in the fight against glitter by signing my petition to ban glitter everywhere, especially on greeting cards! (Glitter has NO place being on greeting cards, or anywhere for that matter). I am also selling "No Glitter" and "Glitter: It's not just a bad movie" buttons.

OOh, I remember a joke that Richard Prince had painted. He painted a series of paintings that were jokes on canvas, either on a solid color background or a collage background (some with pictures from nudie magazines, others with his own personal checks--featuring Jimi Hendrix and Spongebob Squarepants, among others) with the joke (or several jokes) stenciled across the middle. The jokes were usually classic jokes where you can almost guess the punchline before reading ahead. This one in particular made me actually laugh out loud at the museum:

"Two psychiatrists, one says to the other: I was having lunch with my mother the other day and I made a Freudian slip. I meant to say, "Please pass the butter" and instead it came out, "You fucking bitch you ruined my life."

2007-10-05-RichardPrinceuntitled.jpg

Ah, good times.

Heh heh, I said "I needed to do it".


1 comment:

Bill said...

I LOVE the joke. Also I would like to order 10 "Glitter, it's not just a bad movie" buttons.